Culinary Arts Cooking Demo
- Food Truck Lane, 11:30, 1:00, 2:30, Purple Area
Showcasing talented students from the Culinary Art Department.
- Showcase & Public Workshop, 11:45am, Doyle Stage
The SRJC Dance department will present a brief performance of teasing material, to be presented at the Spring Dance Showcase, and will teach a miniature Hip Hop "class" open to the public.
- Public Tours, 12:00pm, 1:00pm, 2:00pm, Doyle Library
SRJC Librarians will escort members of the public on a walking tour of the Doyle Library and it's wonderful views of the Santa Rosa campus.
Fashion Studies Program
- Street Mystic Runway Show, 12:30pm, Garcia Hall - south entrance
SRJC Fashion Studies Program students present “Up-cycled Designs” in their "Street Mystic" runway show.
Hui Pulama Mau May Day Aloha Festival
Music and Dance Schedule
- Opening- Hui Pulama Mau, 10:00-10:15am
- Hula Mai, 10:20-10:40am
- Bohemian Ukuleles, 10:45-11:05am
- Kaluhea, 11:10-11:30am
- Na Hoaloha, 11:35-11:55am
- Gary Sugiyama and Becky Brendlin, 12:45-1:00pm
- Faith Ako/Halau Hula Na Pua O Ka Laakea, 1:05-1:45pm
- Taimalietane Islands of Polynesia, 2:45-3:45pm
Kinesiology, Athletics, & Dance
- Power Soccer 11:00 am, Tauzer Gym
Come see SRJC's very own Rolling Bears Power Soccer team play the world’s best sport for people in Power Chairs!
- Wheelchair Basketball, 1:00 pm, Tauzer Gym
The Adapted PE Program presents a Wheelchair Basketball demonstration game. Come check us out!!!
- SRJC Jazz Combos, 1:45pm, Commencement Stage
Directed by Bennett Friedman; The SRJC Combos students will present three original arrangements of jazz standards.
- Symphonic Band, 10:45am, Doyle Stage
Directed by Jerome Fleg; The Symphonic Band will perform an eclectic mix of band classics and colorful new works from around the world!
- Jazz Band, 12:00pm, Commencement Stage
Directed by Jerome Fleg; The Jazz Band will perform an eclectic mix of band classics and colorful new works from around the world!
Native American Celebration
- Jesse Peter Museum Open House
Jesse Peter Museum is currently displaying the Elsie Allen Pomo Basket Collection, and will feature the unique art of indigenous artist Olivia Dancel.
There will be Children's Activities at the museum and the opportunity to try traditional Native American skills such as drilling shells, grinding seeds with mortar and pestles, and more!
- Drum & Dance Schedule
- Native Resistance Drum Group (Adam Villagomez), 9:30 AM
- Opening Prayer, 9:55 AM
- Northern Pomo Dancers (Erica Carson), 10:00 AM
- Point Arena Pomo Dancers (Clarence Carrillo), 10:45 AM
- Elem Xemfo Dancers (Robert Geary), 11:30 AM
- Santa Rosa Feather Heads Pomo Dancers (Joe Weber), 12:15 PM
- Xantotl Azteca Dancers (Omar Gallardo), 1:00 PM
- Santa Rosa Pomo Dancers (Dave Smith), 1:45 PM
- Sonoma County Youth Pomo Dancers (Joe Salinas), 2:30 PM
- Elem Colony Lake County Dancers (Dave Brown), 3:15 PM
- Closing Prayer, 4:00 PM
- Planetarium Show; 11:00am, 12:00pm, 1:00pm, 2:00pm, 3:00pm, Lark Hall (room 2001)
Join us in the planetarium for a trip under the stars & out into space. We'll tour the night sky & discover up-close fascinating celestial objects! Shows are 30 minutes in length, free and open to all, seats are offered on a first-come-first-serve basis.
Redwood Empire Chinese Association
- Cultural Performance, 1:00pm, Doyle Stage
The artists and community members of the Redwood Empire Chinese Association will share traditional dance and music from various regions of China.
Theatre Arts Department
- In the Heights, 3:00pm, Burbank Auditorium
Musical by the creator of Hamilton! Lin Manuel Miranda's In the Heights. Presented by the Theatre Arts department. This is a full length performance. Age 10 and up.
Tickets may be purchased from the Burbank Box Office one hour before the performance.