Day Under the Oaks
Sunday, April 28th, 2019 10:00am — 4:00pm
1501 Mendocino Ave., Santa Rosa
Free admission, free parking, no pets
Santa Rosa Junior College (SRJC) invites the entire Sonoma County community to join in the fun at the annual Larry Bertolini Day Under the Oaks on Sunday, April 28, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., at its Santa Rosa campus located at 1501 Mendocino Avenue, Santa Rosa.
This open house event is a great opportunity for the entire community to reconnect with SRJC’s many offerings. Children will be introduced to the excitement of higher education, adults can learn about new and compelling career paths, and everyone can explore the college's many academic, cultural and student life offerings. Learn about college classes (even register!), talk to wonderful faculty, caring counselors and staff members from a multitude of departments, learn about our athletic programs, and visit our smart technology library.
SRJC’s Career Education department is the premier sponsor of the event, which will highlight hands-on education with the event theme, “Experience SRJC.”
Booths will offer food, hands-on activities, displays, demonstrations, shows, and fun for the whole family.
Event highlights will include:
- Baby chick petting area provided by Western Farms
- A fashion show, run entirely by SRJC Fashion Arts students
- Cultural performances, such as hula dancing and Polynesian music by Hui Pulama Mau, Native American crafts and performances, and Redwood Empire Chinese Dancers.
- Chemistry magic shows
- Musical performances including the SRJC’s symphonic and jazz bands
- Kids activities, including face painting and bouncy houses, and story hour
- Culinary student cooking demonstrations
- Delicious food
- Free bike valet parking service provided by The Sonoma County Bike Coalition
Click here for a complete list of events.
There will also be area building tours, free health evaluations, craft vendors, and a wide variety of demonstrations by instructional departments and student clubs. Attendees can enter classrooms and labs, speak with SRJC’s esteemed faculty members and students can meet with counselors and even register for summer and fall classes.
The event is named in honor of the late SRJC trustee and Day Under the Oaks co-founder Larry Bertolini, who arranged the annual farm petting zoo and also was co-founder of Western Farms.
Parking and admission are free; no pets are allowed.
"I loved Day Under The Oaks. It was kind of like a Science Fair, Art Show, Dance Festival and Sports Event all rolled into one.
- Local Realtor and Day Under The Oaks Fan